Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Gosh I Still Like Mike Huckabee

After the Iowa caucus I commented how very much I like Mike Huckabee. Tonight I watched the California Republican Debate and, once again, I was really impressed with Mike Huckabee.

Huckabee is bright, knowledgeable, sharp-witted and an excellent speaker.

Rumor has it that whoever wins, McCain or Romney, they will chose Huckabee as Vice President. It would be hard to make a better choice.

On a separate note, I do believe Romney got the better of McCain in the heated debate about a timetable for withdrawal from Iraq. And I think McCain was bloodied in the exchange.

And McCain's argument with Romney was so myopic and silly it opened the door for Ron Paul to make the sharpest remark of the evening and won Paul a hearty and well deserved round of applause.

Will all this matter a with Super Tuesday six days away? Maybe. I definately don't think this fight is over.

So the only winner tonight was Huckabee. He's a pro and worthy to be on the national stage.

No comments: