Monday, April 30, 2007

زنان نیروی انتظامی

Recently I was challenged on another website by a fellow liberal and progressive (whom I greatly respect) for my fascination with Michelle Malkin. (If you follow the link to Vigilante's web site, go ahead and read his excellent essay and the resulting commentary about the proposed impeachment of Dick Cheney).

But, back to Malkin. Vigilante poses a legitimate question. I support gay rights (especially gay marriage and adoption), women's rights (including reproductive rights) and social justice. I've sided with vigilante about many (but not quite all) issues concerning George Bush's un-provoked, unnecessary, and largely unilateral invasion and unplanned occupation of Iraq (UULUIUOI).


Malkin is....well... she is..... a "Conservative!!!"

Here's why I read Malkin daily. Malkin seems to fill in vigorously and aggressively in defense of key Liberal issues like FREE SPEECH and WOMEN'S RIGHTS around the world when my traditional liberal allies ignore (or, at least underplay) the terrific evils all around us.

There is no doubt that some of the traditional liberal websites ignore, or at least downplay, certain stories. I think it's some variant of a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" philosophy. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm just missing the liberal outrage I would have normally expected in the pre-Bush world.

Certainly I know of no liberal website or liberal blogger or liberal reporter that supports the kind of gross evil headlined this morning by Michelle Malkin:
A cry for help from Iran.

But Malkin is the one carrying the banner. VIVA MICHELLE!

I believe that
زنان نیروی انتظامی translates roughly as "Iranian Police and Woman with Hejab."

TECHNORATI TAGS:


DIGG THIS

SAVE THIS PAGE TO del.icio.us

3 comments:

Vigilante said...

Touché. Nice response. I’m resolved to try Malkin again this week.

But for your information, Wizard: My site has one particular theme. As such it is not all inclusive of all my interests and opinions. I spend almost half of my daily writing on other weblogs as a commenting guest. Some of these might be conservative site: I call it my 'out-reach' program. Yours is a special destination, because it's written from your heart which is pure as the fresh fallen snow. I keep coming back because it's your mind I'm concerned about.

;-)

Bob Keller said...

I've got you trying to save me on the left and my Christian neighbors trying to save me on the right.... I'm probably in pretty good hands.

Seriously, I hope you also return because I occasionally enlighten or challenge or engage your mind. In other words, I'm hoping it's a two way street.

the Wizard...........

Vigilante said...

It is, Wizard. Totally.